VMware Horizon 6 version 6.2 provides the following new features and enhancements:
VMware Release Notes
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 is supported as a desktop guest operating system
- Horizon Client runs on Windows 10
- Smart card is supported on Windows 10.
- The View User Profile Migration tool migrates Windows 7, 8/8.1, Server 2008 R2, or Server 2012 R2 user profiles to Windows 10 user profiles.
- RDS Desktops and Hosted Apps
- View Composer. View Composer and linked clones provide automated and efficient management of RDS server farms.
- Graphics Support. Existing 3D vDGA and GRID vGPU graphics solutions on VDI desktops have been extended to RDS hosts, enabling graphics-intensive applications to run on RDS desktops and Hosted Apps.
- Enhanced Load Balancing. A new capability provides load balancing of server farm applications based on memory and CPU resources.
- One-Way AD Trusts
One-way AD trust domains are now supported. This feature enables environments with limited trust relationships between domains without requiring View Connection Server to be in an external domain.
- Cloud Pod Architecture (CPA) Enhancements
- Hosted App Support. Support for application remoting allows applications to be launched using global entitlements across a pod federation.
- HTML Access (Blast) Support. Users can use HTML Access to connect to remote desktops and applications in a Cloud Pod Architecture deployment.
- Virtual SAN 6.1
- All-Flash support (Requires vSphere 6.0)
- Stretched cluster support (Requires vSphere 6.0 U1)
- Access Point Integration
Access Point is a hardened Linux-based virtual appliance that protects virtual desktop and application resources to allow secure remote access from the Internet. Access Point provides a new authenticating DMZ gateway to View Connection Server. Smart card support on Access Point is available as a Tech Preview. Security server will continue to be available as an alternative configuration. For more information, see Deploying and Configuring Access Point.
Install-time FIPS mode allows customers with high security requirements to deploy Horizon 6.
- Graphics Enhancements
- AMD vDGA enables vDGA pass-through graphics for AMD graphics hardware.
- 4K resolution monitors (3840x2160) are supported.
- View Administrator Enhancements
- View Administrator shows additional licensing information, including license key, named user and concurrent connection user count.
- Pool creation is streamlined by letting View administrators clone existing pools.
- Horizon 6 Interoperability with vSphere 6 Update 1
- Horizon 6 for Linux Desktop Enhancements
Several new features are supported on Horizon 6 for Linux desktops, including NVIDIA GRID vGPU, vSGA, RHEL 7.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 guest operating systems, and View Agent installation of JRE 8 with no user steps required.
VMware Release Notes