The upgrade decision-making process depends on the placement of the vCenter Single Sign-On service and the vCenter Services.
- If a machine has Single Sign-On and vCenter Server installed, it becomes vCenter Embedded Platform Services Controller.
- If one machine has vCenter Server and Inventory Service installed.
- vSphere Web Client and Single Sign-On are in Separate Machines.
- All vCenter 5.x components are installed on separate servers/VMs.
- After upgrade Web Client and inventory Service are defunct.
- Web Client and Inventory Service become part of Management Node.