· Storage policy-based management: Site Recovery Manager 6.1 simplifies the process of adding and removing protection to virtual machines. It features new storage-profile protection groups that:
- Utilize vSphere storage profiles to identify protected datastores and automate the process of protecting and unprotecting virtual machines and adding and removing datastores from protection groups.
- Enable integration with vRealize Automation to perform self-service provisioning of SRM protection to applications in a private cloud environments.
· Integration with VMware NSX: Integration with VMware NSX 6.2 lets you use network virtualization to simplify the creation and execution of recovery plans and accelerate recovery.
- By leveraging new NSX logical switches that span vCenter boundaries, Site Recovery Manager allows you to automatically map network resources across the sites when creating a recovery plan, which lowers operational expenses and reduces time to protection.
- After failover, network and security settings including IP addresses, security groups, firewall settings and edge configurations are preserved on recovered virtual machines, further decreasing recovery times.
· Zero-downtime application mobility: Site Recovery Manager 6.1 can orchestrate cross-vCenter vMotion operations at scale using recovery plans when using a supported metro-distance stretched storage solution as underlying replication.
- Site Recovery Manager users can perform disaster avoidance and data center migrations without downtime and accelerate disaster recovery time.
- Stretched-storage users can experience the benefits of Site Recovery Manager, such as centralized recovery plans, automated non-disruptive testing and orchestrated virtual machine recovery.
For More Info download PDF from here