- On the recovery site, rename the folder in which the virtual machine is replicated to. This prevents the replicated data from removing when removing replication from the virtual machine.
- Disable replication of the virtual machine you want to resize.
- At the protected site, increase the size of the desired virtual machine disk file.
- At the recovery site, log in to an ESXi host that can access the datastore in which the virtual machine is replicated to.
- Run this command to change the directory to the datastore and folder in which the replicated disk is stored:
- Run this command to increase the size of the replicated vmdk using vmkfstools:
Note: The preceding command increases the size of a virtual disk to 50 GB.
- At the recovery site, restore the virtual machine folder to the original name.
- Reconfigure the replication for the virtual machine. Ensure to select the Specify datastore folder option to select the folder in which the replicated disk is stored.You can see a prompt that shows:
Select Yes to use the already replicated disk as a seed. If you are using the Web Client, you must browse for the correct folder.