Translate

Total Pageviews

My YouTube Channel

Wednesday 23 April 2014

How to Force a VM to ask for the answers for AnswerVM API Demonstration?

1. Connect with that esxi host shell where the vm is created through Putty (SSH Client) and then edit the .vmx file of that vm where you want input should be asked:-
 

2. Locate this attribute and change this UUID to any other value like in this demo I changed it from 59 to 54. You can use any value here. Once changed save the file and exit from here:-

 
3. Finally power on the VM either from GUI or CLI. In this demo I used CLI from vMA I tried to poweron the vm and then it got stuck there and then I used the another command to give the answer. All the commands are given here in this screenshot:-
 
 
That's done. That's how you can force the VM to ask for the answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment